Hawks View & Ridges Elementary Schools Pre-Kindergarten Programs
The Sherwood School District is excited to offer Pre-Kindergarten in the Fall of 2021. Our inclusive Pre-Kindergarten programs have the goal of offering high-quality early learning education that promotes social-emotional learning and academic skills students need to be successful in school and beyond. Our new programs in the coming year will be inclusive, providing rich early learning opportunities for typically developing children and children with developmental delays and disabilities. This will be a tuition-based program, with financial assistance available for families who qualify.
We will be accepting applications starting April 16th, 2021. There are 20 spots available at each site.
Steps to apply and timeline for the Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Fill out the online Pre-Kindergarten Application or the paper Pre-Kindergarten Application in English or Spanish (Submit paperwork if applying for financial assistance). Applications are due by 4:00 PST on May 14, 2021.
- The District will conduct a lottery on May 17th. Parents and families will be notified of either their acceptance or waitlist status between May 17th and May 21st. Notifications will be sent via email or regular mail.
- If your child is accepted, you must enroll your student in the Sherwood School District and submit the first month of tuition (if applicable) to reserve your spot no later than June 1, 2021, to hold your slot. Information on how to enroll and pay tuition will be provided to families that are accepted into the program.
- If all families who were selected for slots do not enroll, we will contact wait-list families and offer them a slot by June 4th. Additional waitlist slots may become available at a later time.
- Starting in late August, Pre-Kindergarten teachers will reach out to meet with families and students to learn more about your child and their needs.
- September 13th is the first day of school!
Pre-Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions (updated regularly)
For support is Spanish contact Maria Quiñones Community Liaison/Enlace Comunitario firstname.lastname@example.org