Sherwood School District Board of Directors Position #4 is open for appointment due to the resignation of Board Member Duncan Nyang’oro, effective November 1, 2022. The Board is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the vacancy. The District’s Board of Directors plays a vital role in setting direction for the District, which has a direct impact on the quality of education received by youth in the Sherwood community. The applicant selected will serve November 1, 2022-June 30, 2023.
The Board invites interested community members to submit a letter expressing their interest in appointment to the Board of Directors. Letters, in addition to the attached cover page (see link below), should be submitted to the Board’s secretary Christine Andregg via mail or in-person at Sherwood School District Office (21290 SW Sherwood Blvd.) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 4:00 p.m. on October 4, 2022.
If you have any questions, please call the Superintendent’s office at 503-825-5003.
The criteria to be used in the selection process are:
- Interest in the District as demonstrated by recent involvement in District activities;
- Knowledge of the school system;
- Background experience that contributes to the Board of Director deliberations and decisions; and
- Willingness to commit necessary time to be spent on Board activities and meetings during the school year.
To qualify for appointment, in accordance with Board policy, candidates:
- Must be a resident within the Sherwood School District for one year immediately preceding appointment;
- Must be a legally registered voter; and
- Must not be an employee of the Sherwood School District.
- Completed cover page and letter of interest submitted in a timely manner;
- Qualifications of applicants verified by the District Office;
- Paper screening by Board Chair and Vice Chair, narrowing the field to five or less finalists;
- Interviews of finalists at October 12, 2022 Board of Directors meeting;
- Appointment by Board of Directors.