I am moving into your school district, what should I do?

Go to your neighborhood school and register your student.  If your child is an eligible student, bring copies of the current IEP and any current testing reports. If you don’t have copies, don’t worry. With your permission, records will be requested from the previous school. However, please make sure to indicate that your child is on an IEP and receives Special Education Services.

What do I do if I want my child tested?

Discuss your concerns with your child’s classroom teacher. She will explain the process to you.

Who do I contact if I have a concern?

Each eligible student has a case manager. Start with that person or your child’s classroom teacher.

What is IDEA?

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. This Federal Law directs how to provide special education services to eligible students. See the link to the Parental Rights booklet for more information.