Early learning is foundational for most children. Beginning before birth and continuing through kindergarten, children are learning critical language, cognitive, social, and motor skills that will enable them to be successful in school and life. Early learning opportunities teach children how to deal with emotions, how to be peers who listen to each other, how to pay attention, and how to be a good friend to their classmates.
Sherwood School District is excited to launch two Pre-Kindergarten programs for children with special abilities as well as typically developing peers! These inclusive programs will be offered at Ridges, Hawks View and Middleton for the 2022-23 school year.
Sherwood School District also partners with a variety of local programs. The programs below will offer some preschool spots at little or no cost for families who qualify. See links below.
|Although individual children develop at their own pace, most children progress through an identifiable sequence of physical, cognitive, and emotional growth and change. If you are concerned about your child’s language, social, or physical development, visit ASQ Oregon for a no-cost screening tool which can help determine if further evaluation is needed.|
Hawks View, Ridges & Middleton Pre-Kindergarten Programs
The Sherwood School District is excited to continue to offer Pre-Kindergarten in the Fall of 2022. Our inclusive Pre-Kindergarten programs have the goal of offering high-quality early learning education that promotes social-emotional learning and academic skills students need to be successful in school and beyond. Our current programs are inclusive, providing rich early learning opportunities for typically developing children and children with developmental delays and disabilities. This will be a tuition-based program, with financial assistance available for families who qualify.
We will be accepting applications starting February 25, 2022. There are 20 spots available at each site. Use the Pre-Kindergarten Application to apply!
Steps to apply and timeline for the Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Fill out the online Pre-Kindergarten Application or the paper Pre-Kindergarten Application in English or Spanish (Submit paperwork if applying for financial assistance).
- If your child is accepted, you must enroll your student in the Sherwood School District and submit the first month of tuition (if applicable) to reserve your spot no later than two weeks from notification, to hold your slot. Information on how to enroll and pay tuition will be provided to families that are accepted into the program.
- Additional waitlist slots may become available throughout the summer and families will be contacted as spots become available.
- Starting in late August, Pre-Kindergarten teachers will reach out to meet with families and students to learn more about your child and their needs.
- September 7th is the first day of school!
Pre-Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions (updated regularly)
For additional Sherwood area preschool/daycare information, parenting resources, or other needs please contact Sherwood School District’s Family Resource Coordinator at 503.825.5486 or visit the Sherwood Family Resource Center (SHARE).
For support in Spanish contact Maria Quiñones Community Liaison/Enlace Comunitario firstname.lastname@example.org