Early learning is foundational for most children. Beginning before birth and continuing through kindergarten, children are learning critical language, cognitive, social, and motor skills that will enable them to be successful in school and life. Early learning opportunities teach children how to deal with emotions, how to be peers who listen to each other, how to pay attention, and how to be a good friend to their classmates.
Sherwood School District is excited to launch three Pre-Kindergarten programs for children with special abilities as well as typically developing peers! These inclusive programs will be offered at Ridges, Hawks View and Middleton for the 2023-24 school year.
Hawks View, Ridges & Middleton Pre-Kindergarten Programs
Click on your child’s school name above to see an about me for your child’s teacher!
The Sherwood School District is excited to continue to offer Pre-Kindergarten. Our inclusive Pre-Kindergarten programs have the goal of offering high-quality early learning education that promotes social-emotional learning and academic skills students need to be successful in school and beyond. Our current programs are inclusive, providing rich early learning opportunities for typically developing children and children with developmental delays and disabilities. This will be a tuition-based program, with financial assistance available for families who qualify.
To apply for the 2023-2024 Use the Pre-Kindergarten Application to apply!
Steps to apply and timeline for the Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Fill out the online Pre-Kindergarten Application
- If your child is accepted, you must enroll your student in the Sherwood School District and submit the first month of tuition (if applicable) to reserve your spot no later than two weeks from notification, to hold your slot. Information on how to enroll and pay tuition will be provided to families that are accepted into the program.
- Additional waitlist slots may become available throughout the summer and families will be contacted as spots become available.
- In August we will have a play date for you and your child to connect with fellow students in their classes, see the playground, and possibly meet their teachers.
- Starting in late August, Pre-Kindergarten teachers will reach out to meet with families and students to learn more about your child and their needs.
- Early September we will have an Orientation for you and your student to attend. Your child’s teacher will give you that date and time.
- September 6, 2023 is the first day of school!
Our Preschools run 7:55am to 10:30am and they follow the Sherwood School District Calendar.
Sherwood School District also partners with a variety of local programs. The programs below will offer some preschool spots at little or no cost for families who qualify. See links below.
|Although individual children develop at their own pace, most children progress through an identifiable sequence of physical, cognitive, and emotional growth and change. If you are concerned about your child’s language, social, or physical development, visit ASQ Oregon for a no-cost screening tool which can help determine if further evaluation is needed.|
Pre-Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions (updated regularly)
For additional Sherwood area preschool/daycare information, parenting resources, or other needs please contact Sherwood School District’s Family Resource Coordinator at 503.825.5087 or visit the Sherwood Family Resource Center (SHARE).
For support in Spanish contact Ursula Pinto, Community Liaison/Enlace Comunitario, firstname.lastname@example.org