The Teaching and Learning department partners with staff across disciplines and grade levels to review and update instructional materials and practices according to Board policy and Oregon State Statute and Administrative Regulations.
K-12 English Language Arts
The ELA Adoption Committee will complete the following during the 2022-23 school year:
- Description and evaluation of the current program
- Review of current research on effective practices and programs
- Write a Vision/Philosophy or Position Paper articulating the direction of the program
- Determine recommendations for instructional and assessment practices
- Determine recommendations for instructional materials
- Suggest recommendations for professional development and implementation support
The Sherwood School District strives to provide regular opportunities for input from all staff, parents, students, and other community members.